This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read my disclosure for more information.
I was in a crunch, and needed to make a birthday cake for my son. He requested a blueberry cake, and I cringed. I had never made a blueberry cake before, where would I begin when I didn’t have time to test the recipe first. This is where allrecipes came in! I did a quick search, looked at one of the comments that made a few substitutions and went for it! I even had my son help me bake it! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and simple it was to make the batter, and the frosting. This cake is perfect for a birthday, potluck, or holiday gathering! My husband loved it so much that he requested it for his birthday, which is 6 days after my son’s birthday. I made it a third time a few days later for a small get together for the birthday boys! It was a hit! Here is the deal, it’s definitely not the healthiest cake out there; I guess I haven’t met too many birthday cakes that err on the side of healthy, maybe it’s just me.
* 1 package of yellow cake mix
*1/4 cup white sugar
*8 ounces of cream cheese at room temp
*1/2 cup softened butter
*1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*2 tablespoons vegetable oil
*1 pint of Blueberries
Frosting (optional, but sure does make it look beautiful)
*2 cups powdered sugar
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 tablespoon of Corn syrup
*2 tablespoons of hot water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and Flour a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
2. Stir together cake mix and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, cream cheese, oil, butter, and vanilla. Beat on low speed until well blended. Fold in blueberries. Transfer batter into Bundt cake pan.
3. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle, comes out clean. Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes. Transfer cake onto a plate to finish cooling.
4. For frosting: mix all ingredients together and drizzle over cake as desired. Makes for a beautiful looking cake!
I plan on making this cake for the next potluck, group gathering, or girls night. It’s very easy, and looks beautiful!