This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read my disclosure for more information.
As a mother of two kids, it is fun to be celebrated for Mother’s Day! It can be equally as hard to find a great gift for a mother in your life! I have compiled a list of DIY Mother’s day gifts, and free mother’s day gifts that you can put together last-minute. Some of the most meaningful gifts, are ones that are free, and don’t cost anything.
Let’s be real, I would love to be celebrated every day. Like coffee with breakfast in bed, maybe even some doves or butterflies that come out for a surprise entrance at some point. But alas, this is quite unrealistic.
Not sure what we will be doing this year to celebrate Mother’s Day, but I know it will involve lots of coffee, chocolate, some alone time for me, and some quality time as a family! I hope you enjoy my list of free, and inexpensive gifts for moms!
Free Mother’s Day Gifts :
- The gift of a meal: Allow mom to take it easy while you cook up something delicious for the family. Try making this delicious & easy french toast casserole for brunch, this cake, or these easy crispy potatoes. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind having breakfast, lunch, and dinner taken off her hands.
- Do all of her chores for her: Let mom take a day off of her usual household contributions: sweeping, laundry, vacuuming. Instead, roll up your sleeves and get it done for her.
- Handwritten notes from each family member about what they appreciate and love about mom.
- Wash her car. Maybe even vacuum the inside, it feels soooooooo nice to have a clean car!
- Turn her old film photos into digital ones. This one can take some time to do. Perhaps start with the most important photos, and make a plan to do more throughout the year. You can use a scanner to digitize the photos, and if you don’t have one try using google photoscan.
- Give her some free time: Allow her to take some time to do whatever she wants.
- Ask her if you could join her in her favorite activity: Does she like to run? Does she like to hike, surf, go for walks, paint? Whatever it may be, join her!
- A family performance: whether it’s singing her a song, or acting out a special skit for her, this can be fun for her, and the talents involved.
- Put together a slide show (on your computer, your phone, or a DVD) of your favorite memories together. This this free app, or this one.
DIY Mother’s Day Present:
10. A photo album. This can be incredibly easy to do, from printing out a bunch of pictures and putting them into a photo album, to making one electronically. My favorite brands for photo albums are Chatbooks, Shutterfly, Artifact Uprising,
11. A video interview with the children about mom. Here are some fun questions to ask.
12. Picnic with the family
13. A basket full of her favorite snacks, books or magazines she can read (the friend’s of the library is a great resource for inexpensive books), and her favorite drink: wine/coffee/tea/hot chocolate
15. Shadowbox with sentimental items
Inexpensive gifts for Mother’s Day
17. Mini Hand Cream for her purse.
18. Organic Lip Balm.
19. A cute Mug that actually keeps her coffee hot!
I will be doing a part 2 to this post with favorite gifts for Mother’s Day for all different budgets. What will you be doing this Mother’s Day? Thanks for stopping by!